I was reading a reflection by Henri Nouwens, who was on a retreat when asked to share with others. He was reluctant because he felt that there was just too much preparation required. The wise Abbot said to him. " Why do you need to prepare? If you pray half and hour in the mornings, sing in the choir and do your spiritual readings, you will have more than enough to share with others."
It is not to prepare to share, but to live in a state of continuous preparedness.If you live with your life steeped in the Lord's love you bring Christ with you in all your meetings with others. Your attitude, your loving kindness, your knowledge of God's Word is what God has prepared in you so that you are Christ to others in all meetings.
As Christ's own you have more than enough love to share, and the Holy Spirit speaks through you to touch the heart of the one who listens..
Welcome to our new blog!
You may not pass on any posts from this blog without permission of the author, but you may pass on a link if you wish to share something written.
To join CWOSA, you are required to either be a Christian writer or aspiring writer who lives in Southern Africa, or a Southern African Christian writer living overseas. If you qualify and wish to learn more, click on this link.
TOPIC OF THE MONTH - SEPTEMBER
2. Read the last comment to see the most recent addition to the story.
3. Copy/past the entire story to date into a new comment box.
4. Add a further three words.
5. Click on Comment as. If you are signed in, your name will appear. Click on Publish.
6. If you're not signed in, click the small dropdown arrow, and select Name/URL. Give us the name we know you as, and click on Publish.
Remember! This is meant to be a story!